Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hooked by AW Clarke - Review Post

Hooked by A W Clarke
  

Victoria has it all. She is bright, beautiful and the envy of her colleagues. Yet, despite her success, she knows deep down something is missing. On a leisurely trip to Italy, she meets with destiny in a way that will change her life forever. Destiny being a gorgeous man atop a motorcycle. Mateo is everything Victoria is not. He sees the beauty of life in a way she doesn’t. Against her better judgement, Victoria steps into Mateo’s world. She will never be the same. Experience the passion, regret, and rediscovery that sends a young woman's heart on a roller coaster ride of emotion. This book contains sexual content and situations suitable only for mature readers.


****My Four Star Review****
I have to say this book was not what I expected. I was thrilled to be asked to read this book by the author for my honest review. And when I started reading it on his website (the first 4 or so chapters are there) I wanted more!! So I was gifted a copy and immediately started devouring the pages. From the details of the location to the emotions of the characters, I was sucked into Victoria's journey and was praying for her HEA! Now Victoria isn't the usual heroine I would follow, but there is just something about her brilliance in the working world and ignorance when it comes to love, that just made me completely fall in love with her character. We see her at the top of her game as an analyst, and yet clueless as to how to process the emotions she feels, which is exactly what happens when she is on vacation and meets the sweet and simple, yet totally handsome Mateo. Communication with their bodies is not lacking, but their language barrier (being Victoria's lack of relationship experience and more critical nature) ends their foreign love affair all too soon.

Time heals most wounds of the heart, but Victoria will have a few more speedbumps along the way to finding a forever love. When Victoria meets Peter on a lunch break, they slowly unfold into a friendship and then begin a semi-romantic relationship. When the proposal comes, I have to say...I kind of expected more heat...but Peter is written as a very simple soul. He loved her and it seemed from the way the book goes, that the love was less than physical and more of needs being fulfilled. When Victoria comes to the realization that he is her happily ever after, they plan the most beautiful wedding scene I've read, it felt like you were right there seated in the audience and watching the dramatic conclusion unfold before you. I wont give more away, well maybe a little, the story is a complete, whole heart wrenchingly beautiful tale of finding ones true love or soul mate. And when you get "Hooked", you will understand, because you become hooked on this love story, that - that kind of love is worth fighting for.

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone looking for a journey through one woman's adventures of finding a love that keeps you 'hooked'. #oneclick #mustread #romance
Purchase on

A former tradesman, turned author, I'm a husband and father with a love for all kinds of wheels. I left the trade years ago in pursuit of other interests. I stumbled onto writing, and whenever I find pockets of time, its fun to sit down and paint a great story!
My current romance novel is Hooked, available on Amazon.com, and I have another on the way....
Visit my author page at www.awclarkenovels.com  to learn more about me and my works. I'm also on facebook, so look me up, and ask me anything!

You can follow AW Clarke on Wattpad as well

No comments:

Post a Comment